Back to frequently asked question list
Simple gestures to protect yourself
Burglaries: Preconceived ideas and advice
Preconceived ideas about burglaries:
- Burglars use the holiday period to carry out their crimes: No, the risk is high throughout the year and above all over Christmas when you're having fun with your family.
- Burglars work at night: On the contrary, they are more active during the daytime between 10 AM and 4 PM when you are shopping or getting the children from school.
- Burglaries only happen to others: With one burglary every two minutes in France, the risk is high. A 12% increase in burglaries was recorded between August 2008 and July 2009*.
*Source Observatoire National de la Délinquance September 2009
Apply this simple advice to protect yourselffrom burglaries:
- Lock your house with a key even if you are only going out for a few minutes to get some bread or your newspaper.
- Never leave jewellery, your handbag, wallet, or car keys near your front door.
- Inform your neighbours of prolonged absences and ask them to collect your post.
- Get a front door with a three-point locking system and safety shutters.
- Dissuade burglars with an efficient remote surveillance service and turn your alarm on even if you're only going out for a few minutes.
Pilot your remote monitoring system from your mobileSee the presentation video